Free your DOC!
Word-2-Text converts Microsoft® Word® DOCX- and DOC-documents into plain text files. Only a few apps can open DOCX- and DOC-files, and most of them just display the content without giving the possibility to edit it. With Word-2-Text you can extract the content as plain text and transfer it to any app, or directly save the text.
Open, DOCX …
With Word-2-Text you can directly open Word-documents from your e-mail. Just tap the attached DOCX or DOC and choose "Open in …" and "Word-2-Text". It couldn't be easier!
… With so many apps
Word-2-Text converts into a plain text format. That means you can easily use Word-texts with Textkraft and many other apps, for example:
- Note-taking apps
- Layouting apps
- E-mail apps
- Web browsers
- and many others.
Conversion - Comments and Footnotes included!
Word-2-Text can do more: WebKit-based apps omit contents of a Word-document. The user can not see if someone left comments, foot- or endnotes in the document. With Word-2-Text you are on the safe side and you can continue using all contents of your document.
Hint for note-taking apps:
Word-documents can be saved in the most note-taking apps, but they can not be found within their full-text search. With Word-2-Text you can file the searchable text together with the Word-document.
Also important for long-term filing: You don't necessarily need a Word-programm to access, read or edit the contents!
- Word-2-Text supports MS-DOCX "Word Extensions to the Office Open XML (.docx) File Format"; which is the standard document format for Word 2008 and Word 2011 Macintosh and for Word 2007 and Word 2010 for Windows (and newer versions).
- Supports MS-DOC Word (.doc) Binary File Format; Word-97-2004-Document, which is compatible with Word 98 to Word 2004 Macintosh and Word 97 to Word 2003 for Windows.
- Creates UTF-8 compliant text as TXT files.
- Text formattings, images and other Word-options that can not be displayed with plain text, are naturally getting lost with the conversion. Whenever possible, tags will be used to reproduce the document structure. This way headers, footers, footnotes, endnotes and comments don't get lost.
- Compatible with iOS 5.1 and newer.